Derivco Sweden is seeking a highly motivated and enthusiastic Junior Sportsbook Product Owner, to work together with a development team and take part in selected products development and maintenance, all to support the full product of a sportsbook application. They will be familiar with Agile based principles and will work with the development team to ensure that business, quality and functional goals are met for each release. They will build an excellent working relationship with the key stakeholders to translate the requirements, to form the backlog and prioritise the requirements in order to give business value and represent the end user’s needs.
Key Responsibilities & Accountabilities
The Junior Sportsbook Product Owner position will involve the following areas of responsibility:
- Work with stakeholders and other product owners to understand their needs in order to develop the product vision and roadmap.
- Define and clearly communicate a prioritised roadmap that implements and support the overarching products vision.
- Own and prioritise the products backlog – Understand high level Epic requirements and decompose these into smaller packages of work for implementation within development team.
- Build and maintain excellent stakeholder relationships across the company and external partners and operators.
- Actively seek input from internal and external stakeholders and complete competitor analysis to keep abreast of industry and best practice.
- Assist with product/system/process documentation to support users and business continuity.
- Work with the development to deliver according to defined roadmap, including managing and prioritising the backlog to ensure the work items delivered meet expectations.
- Provide regular updates to stakeholders on releases, strategy, successes, learning and progress on product vision.
- Overall owner (champion and advocate) of the product, keeping the business informed of the work delivered and benefits to the business.
- Understand the strategic and competitive position of the product, carry out competitive analysis and deliver value adding increments.
- Lead and inspire the development team to instil quality, encourage innovation and reduce defects.
If you have Sportsbook experience along with the willingness to learn, grow and transition into a Product Owner role this might be a career match made in heaven! If you also have a good understanding of the Product Owner role, Agile delivery methods, user research and working with teams to develop wire-frames and specifications for new product features, project management skills, knowledge of behavioural driven development and continuous integration – we really would love to hear from you!
Just hit the apply button – we know you want to!
- Experience working in the online sports betting/sportsbook gambling industry, e.g. as a Trader, Odds compiler, Product Manager, Marketing Manager, CRM Manager, Customer Support, Developer or Product Owner.
- Creative thinking backed by strong analytical and problem solving skills
- Good attention to detail, an ability to assimilate, sort and aggregate complex information quickly
- Effective verbal and written communication skills, able to write clearly and interact well with all levels of audience
- An understanding of software development lifecycle an ability to work closely with technology teams in scheduling functional and non-functional requirements
- Strong teamwork, co-ordination, organisation, planning and influencing skills
- Self-driven, confident and ability to work at pace in a dynamic organisation.
- You are fluent in English.