Purpose of the position:
To define business requirements for project development and ensure that clientcentered, best business solutions are implemented.
Key areas of responsibility:
Maintained Required Knowledge and Skills
• Investigates and keeps abreast of inhouse systems, technology infrastructure and operational procedures.
• Maintains a high level of knowledge about client’s business and related application requirements.
Designed Business Solutions
• Analyses the changes necessary to ensure that current and future business
requirements can be met.
• Defines, evaluates and presents feasible and practical business solutions
• Use of Agile methodologies is essential
• Creates accurate business documents and functional specifications according to agreed standards.
Built Sound Professional Relationships
• Establishes personal relationships with key individuals
• Builds confidence among Derivco clients that they can share business ideas and requirements.
Ensured Successful Implementation of Solutions
• Determines the success of implemented solutions via follow up with client.
• Conducts effective application training when required to do so.
Identified Business Needs
• Identifies functional gaps for meeting both current and future client business
• Assesses existing systems (internal and external) against future requirements to determine if future
business requirements can be met.
• Competitor Analysis.
• Faciliate and Coordinate Production Priorities.
• Minimum 3 – 5 years’ working experience.
• Minimum 3 years’ working experience in the Business Analytics field in a Software Development environment.
• Relevant Degree or Diploma (advantageous)
• Knowledge of Software Development lifecycles
• Knowledge of Agile methodologies is essential.
• Basic SQL query skills. (advantageous)
• Good knowledge of business practices, financial management, and operational
• Microsoft Technologies.
• High level understanding of technical architecture (database design and IT Infrastructure)
• Challenging Work: Working on difficult or demanding tasks requiring substantial effort
• Practical Results: Performing work that results in concrete outputs or outcomes.
• Relationship Building: Developing and maintaining ongoing working relationships
requiring personal interaction and mutual support.