We are looking for an inquisitive and creative Data Analyst, passionate about exploring data to reveal underlying patterns that help drive better decisions in online gaming.
As a Data Analyst within our Analytics & BI Team, you will have the opportunity to influence decision-making and strategy, and drive better business results by transforming data into a strategic asset.
You will be responsible for analysing structured and unstructured data, including player, game and financial data, to provide business stakeholders with a clear picture of how products and betting operators are performing. You will also support the business by delivering high-quality strategic and tactical analysis and reports.
This role will allow you to develop deep industry knowledge and analytics expertise to improve the way we deliver value to betting operators and end-users of our games and to drive overall profitability. You will identify and capture business requirements in partnership with domain experts, for example through requirements gathering workshops, define objectives in data science projects, in partnership with Data Scientists and partner with Visualisation Designers and Data Scientists to create reports and interactive, predictive dashboards. You will also collaborate with other members in the Business Analytics team to define and measure the success of new solutions and communicate data insights to business stakeholders. A key part of the role will also be to create documentation to communicate solution implementation and help standardise and optimise data analytics processes.
As part of our Business Analytics team, you will benefit from tailored career management and specialist skills that will fuel your ambitions.
Successful applicants will display strong analytical and consulting skills coupled with the ability to explain complex ideas and data insights clearly and succinctly to technical and non-technical audiences. You are likely to also hold a degree in a quantitative field such as Computer Science, Statistics, Maths, Physics, Finance, Economics, or similar.
Here at Derivco we work hard but we have fun along the way! In return, we reward our employees with a great range of benefits including pension, health insurance, free lunches daily, many social events and much more!
- Proven ability of deriving insights from diverse data sources and translating them into clear and precise conclusions and recommendations
- Familiarity with data visualization tools such as Tableau, Power BI, Spotfire or similar BI platforms to develop reports and dashboards
- Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to build credibility and rapport
- Passionate about data and an engaging communicator with great work ethic
- Ability to work without continuous guidance demonstrating a hands-on, results-oriented approach
- Hands-on experience with one or more language(s) used for querying (e.g. SQL, SAS)
- Good understanding of data structures, databases and query optimization/best practice
- Top-tier consulting experience in business intelligence or analytics
- Experience working on projects with predictive modelling and statistical hypothesis testing
- Familiarity with entity relationship diagrams and object graph mapping
- Experience managing complicated project plans and working with diverse and senior stakeholders on requirements, roles and responsibilities, and project timelines
- Fluency in a foreign language a plus, especially Mandarin or Cantonese Chinese