We are looking for an IT Database Administrator of the highest calibre to join our team on the Isle of Man.
As an IT DBA, you will implement, design and improve processes relating to the administration of databases, ensuring that they function correctly, perform optimally, preserve data and facilitate revenue generation.
Key responsibilities include:
- Developing and maintaining an effective data warehouse environment.
- Designing business solutions relating to database administration and ensuring successful implementation of solutions, including OLTP database design.
- Setting and maintaining operational database standards on a continuous basis.
- Ensuring that effective data redundancy, archiving, backup and recovery mechanisms are in place to prevent the loss of data.
- Designing and enforcing database security policies to eliminate unauthorised access to data on managed data systems in accordance with IT Services technical specifications and business requirements. This includes investigating database locking and blocking incidents.
- Implementing the installation, configuration, upgrade, and migration of systems.
- Providing and designing an effective reporting environment, in addition to continuous improvement for the reporting processes.
- Investigating and troubleshooting software bugs and providing remedial feedback to relevant development teams. As such, excellent customer service is to be provided at all time, to all stakeholders involved in the process.
- Performance monitoring, tuning and problem resolution through to maintaining software test cases so that they are up to date and can be referenced as required. This includes writing and running queries on live systems, with a strong focus towards query optimisation and performance tuning.
- An in depth working knowledge of SQL Database knowledge and experience.
- Proven experience in MSSQL 2008, MSSQL 2012, MSSQL 2014 with TSQL Scripting experience being advantageous.
- Successful applicants will have experience in report writing and a minimum of 3 years’ experience in the IT Industry, specifically working with databases.
- Knowledge and understanding of programming principles in addition to sound relational database theory is required.
- Proven experience dealing with database optimisation and performance tuning is essential.
- Successful applicants must hold a relevant IT Qualification, with Microsoft Certifications being desirable.
- This position will have standby requirements corresponding with the IT DBA team’s standby schedule.