Would you like to join us on our journey to become a world leading Sportsbook provider? Then Welcome to Derivco Sweden. We are developing a multi-tier micro services-platform for Sports Betting, in Erlang/Elixir, Ruby and Go. As part of Derivco Sweden you would be working for one of the foremost providers of gaming technology in the world. Our product is enjoyed by tens of thousands of players globally as we live and act in the international market. Working alongside development houses and customers across the globe, we are a dynamic technology company driven by the investment in our people and a focus on agile development and cutting edge technology. Through our investment in collaboration and innovation we ensure the excellence of our product. With our current expansion into various markets and a host of opportunities in exploring new ideas and technologies, this is an exciting time to join us at our office in Stockholm.
Derivco offers employees a great range of benefits including health insurance, pension insurance, health contribution, breakfast, social events and much more. With a great work environment and a host of opportunities to explore new ideas & technologies and grow your career.
At Derivco we are driven by Passion, Ownership and Care. Our hope is that you share our values.
As our PostgreSQL DBA, you’ll be responsible for maintaining our databases and, together with our existing product teams, optimise the usage of them. You will work in our Data & Messaging team to look at future solutions.
The role includes, but is not limited to:
- Maintaining existing PostgreSQL databases, including backups, upgrades and monitoring
- Assisting developers with designing data models, optimizing SQL queries and debugging lock congestions and deadlocks
- Assisting design and implementation of future database environments
- Collaborate with Data&Messaging team and other stakeholders
A typical morning at Derivco starts with a breakfast enjoyed together with your colleagues followed by stand ups for each team. Our work environment is a place where collaboration and innovation is encouraged and everyone can contribute. Our teams are challenged to create and learn at every opportunity. We offer flexible work hours and family-friendly policies.
We are looking for exceptional talent to join our team. Working at Derivco means working in a young, dynamic and fast-moving environment with innovative people who are passionate about their work. We foster a diverse culture that is inclusive of gender, transgender identity and expression, sexual orientation, age, disability, religion or other belief, and ethnicity. We truly believe that a diverse workforce is key for achieving an innovative, world-leading product and healthy work environment and we thus embrace the diverse set of experiences, backgrounds and perspectives our employees and candidates bring with them.
Is this the job you’ve been waiting for? Then we can’t wait to hear from you. Click that apply button now!
- Minimum 3 year of professional work experience with PostgreSQL database maintenance, administration and automation
- Knowledge and experience of working with Agile software development
- Experience optimizing SQL queries and data models for performance and concurrency
- Low level Linux system administration knowledge
- Excellent English written and spoken communication skills
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Ability to self-direct and prioritize
- Experience with modern devop toolchains such as Ansible, Docker, Kubernetes, Terraform and Jenkins