Purpose of the position:
To lead the software development team, coordinate the entire product development process and ensure the timely delivery of products.
Key areas of responsibility:
• Responsible for defining, implementing and reporting on the Pretoria management teams strategic objectives as agreed with senior stakeholders.
• Responsible for reporting on Pretoria development teams Productivity
• Responsible for defining the processes across teams to ensure teams are enabled and their performance is optimized.
• Responsible for the line management of the software development team within the Pretoria office
• Responsible for retention of the Pretoria development teams
• Ensures that the software and SDLC processes are compliant with the appropriate regulations and organizational policies.
• Effectively allocates appropriate resources to projects, in conjunction with the Product Manager, to ensure that project deadlines and requirements are met.
• Facilitates effective communication within the team and with other teams, based locally and internationally.
• Facilitates team training and development through the implementation of training and development plans.
• Ensures that the team members are equipped with the requisite skill set required for both current and future projects.
• Conducts performance reviews of team members, on a regular basis.
• Ensures that the team is aligned with the company strategy and working towards achieving the strategy.
• Influencing Others, Inspire and guide individuals; gaining
acceptance of ideas or plans
• Working on several different tasks or projects simultaneously
• A Relevant Tertiary qualification is advantageous but not essential
• 5 years + experience of software development
• Leadership or project management experience
• 3 -5 years’ experience managing a team of developers
• 3 years’ experience in a product owner role
• 3 – 5 years’ experience in formal performance management of a Dev team
• Conducting performance appraisals, dealing with poor performance management
• Motivating and managing employees
• Software Development Life Cycle understanding
• Understanding of Agile development methodology
• In-depth understanding of software development and design principles.
• Understanding of Software Development Methodologies
• Tech stack of the team: C#, SQL, WebAPi, Angular and a new language called Polymer