We are seeking an experienced Product Owner to lead a team and execute the product objectives. The PO needs to align product strategy with the portfolio objectives and will be responsible for the vision, value realisation and ROI of product as well as management of a cross functional team.
- Own product life cycle, end to end.
- Accountable for and reports on competitor analysis and market research to identify areas of opportunity / Risk
- Maintain in depth product(s) and technical understanding as well as general product group knowledge
- Prioritisation and planning of backlogs / demand pipelines & product roadmaps
- Ensure that established procedures and processes are accurately and carefully followed
- Facilitate change management due to changing situational/organizational/market requirements
- Create, agree and execute product, technical and operational strategy for products/markets/customers/services.
- Alignment with formalised Guilds and/or boards and standards across Derivco/platform
- Define, track and budget for all costs associated with the product.
- Accountable for the creation, reporting and analysis of product/market/customer/service performance metrics.
- Stakeholder management and engagement for all aspects of product.
- Manage cross functional direct reports (overall performance, career development, training, upskilling, work load).
- Set and achieves efficiency objectives of their teams.
- Accountable for providing mentoring and coaching, as required.
- Ability to understand and effectively communicate (verbal and written) with multiple business areas and levels (business, design, development, testing, operations, BI, marketing, regulations).
- Ability to effectively engage with customers at executive and senior management levels.
- Mature, self-starter with high energy levels.
- Proactive and strong analytical and problem solving skills.
- Good people management skills.
- Flexible and adaptable to business and team changes.
- Ability to give and receive product direction.
- Collaborative work approach.
- Ability to see the ‘bigger picture’ and take an objective approach to product decision making.
Qualifications and Experience:
- 5+ years’ experience in software development industry in complex, high performance software environments.
- 1+ years Leadership experience within software development industry
- Advantageous: 2+ years’ experience in gaming industry
- Proven track record of results, both technical and leadership
Analysis, ROI, Budgeting experience
- Proven results engaging customers at executive level and senior management levels