Derivco Pretoria are looking for a Project Manager to join their dynamic team. They will need to manage the work of staff allocated to relevant projects and work with internal & external clients. They have overall responsibility for planning & managing medium to large sized projects.
Key areas of responsibility:
- Aligning performance for success
- Building strategic working relationships
- Displays Company Values
- Effectively communicates time frames, milestones and expected results for assigned work.
- Gathers appropriate information in order to review progress and provide feedback.
- Meets with others to review the results of assigned work.
- Builds support for preferred alternatives.
- Constructively addresses emotions and conflict.
- Effectively explores alternatives and positions to reach outcomes that gain the support and acceptance of all parties.
- Engages in mutual problemsolving by brainstorming alternative positions or approaches and evaluating them fairly and openly.
- Explores all parties’ needs, concerns, and initial positions, including own.
- Facilitates agreement through a give-and-take process that recognizes each party’s core needs.
- Awaits project prioritisation and authorisation
- Collates and Lists all project risks, issues and dependency reports, in the agreed manner with relevant stakeholders,
- Contains/manages the project scope as defined and agreed
- Develops a project plan based in conjunction with the relevant stakeholders and team members.
- Effectively generates a detailed project schedule showing tasks, milestones and identified (via relevant Team Lead and BA) resource
- Assists with the documentation and communication processes improvement initiatives.
- Assists with the implementation and monitoring of the process
- Discusses any new developments and or techniques tried or researched on the project with his/her peers
- Incorporates new processes into project plans and schedules.
- All risks, issues and dependencies are raised in agreed manner and forum
- Arranges and attends all regular project team workgroups and communication sessions to discuss Project progress and updates
- Ensures that all issues, risks and dependencies are reviewed and followed up repeatedly until resolved
- Ensures that the project timelines are managed effectively
- Ensures the required or prescribed standards are adhered to for both QA and Technical Teams by arranging appropriate reviews and or peer reviews
- Escalation of Issues/Risks when senior management if intervention is required
- Maintains the morale of the project team throughout the project life.
- Proactively Monitors and Manages the risk, escalates if necessary.
- Serves as the first point of contact for external departments i.e. Product, Art, IT, Service Management, CIR, Training, Testing, for all issues regarding a project
- Takes appropriate corrective action to ensure that the project schedule, functionality and quality criteria are being met
- Comprehensive knowledge of the full Systems Development Life Cycle (SDLC)
- Relevant qualification/ certification
- 3 years project management experience within a Software &/ IT environment.
- Manage non-complex projects/ assists senior PM with complex projects