Purpose of the position:
Manages the work of staff allocated to relevant projects and works with internal & external clients. Has overall responsibility for planning & managing medium to large sized projects.
Key areas of responsibility:
- Aligning performance for success.
- Building strategic working relationships.
- Displays Company Values.
- Effectively communicates time frames, milestones and expected results for assigned work.
- Gathers appropriate information in order to review progress and provide feedback.
- Meets with others to review the results of assigned work.
- Builds support for preferred alternatives.
- Constructively addresses emotions and conflict.
- Effectively explores alternatives and positions to reach outcomes that gain the support and acceptance of all parties.
- Engages in mutual problemsolving by brainstorming alternative positions or approaches and evaluating them fairly and openly.
- Explores all parties’ needs, concerns, and initial positions, including own.
- Facilitates agreement through a give-and-take process that recognizes each party’s core needs.
- Awaits project prioritisation and authorization.
- Collates and Lists all project risks, issues and dependency reports, in the agreed manner with relevant stakeholders,
- Contains/manages the project scope as defined and agreed.
- Develops a project plan based in conjunction with the relevant stakeholders and team members.
- Effectively generates a detailed project schedule showing tasks, milestones and identified (via relevant Team Lead and BA) resource.
- Assists with the documentation and communication processes improvement initiatives.
- Assists with the implementation and monitoring of the process.
- Discusses any new developments and or techniques tried or researched on the project with his/her peers.
- Incorporates new processes into project plans and schedules.
- All risks, issues and dependencies are raised in agreed manner and forum.
- Arranges and attends all regular project team workgroups and communication sessions to discuss Project progress and updates.
- Ensures that all issues, risks and dependencies are reviewed and followed up repeatedly until resolved.
- Ensures that the project timelines are managed effectively.
- Ensures the required or prescribed standards are adhered to for both QA and Technical Teams by arranging appropriate reviews and or peer reviews.
- Escalation of Issues/Risks when senior management if intervention is required.
- Maintains the morale of the project team throughout the project life.
- Proactively Monitors and Manages the risk, escalates if necessary.
- Serves as the first point of contact for external departments i.e. Product, Art, IT, Service Management, CIR, Training, Testing, for all issues regarding a project.
- Takes appropriate corrective action to ensure that the project schedule, functionality and quality criteria are being met.
- Certified Associate in Project Management (CAPM) or Project Management Professional (PMP) or equivalent
- Agile experience an advantage
- Excellent Communicator – written and verbal
- MS Office
- MS Project
- EPM experience an advantage
- Relevant tertiary qualification BSC / BCom / Business Diploma (3yrs) / Adv Management Diploma preferable
- Experience in the end-to-end delivery of small to medium sized, low to medium complexity projects.
- 3 years Project Management experience OR 2 years project management experience and 1 year relevant experience in a software or IT environment.
- Basic understanding of the Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC) or IT Delivery Cycle
- Basic knowledge of software or IT project management.
- Exposure to 1 or more PM Methodologies.