Experienced Test Manager needed to lead Quality Assurance for a recently formed Scrum Team.
This is an exciting challenge for an experienced Quality Assurance Manager to set up and establish the QA function within this growing business unit, with a view to building out a wider QA team as the Software products in this area evolve.
Initially involved in establishing and implementing a detailed plan, as well as hands-on software testing; longer term you will manage the QA function, to include line management responsibility for QA Analysts and as the team grows QA Team leads, prioritising and managing the workloads of the team. You will provide technical leadership and effective people management of the Team to ensure they are fully supported and developed in their roles.
As an experienced Test Manager you understand that productivity and effective staff engagement are equally important to a successful team, as is the ability to cope with changing deadlines and priorities without sacrificing product quality. You will be both technically and business minded in order to make effective quality decisions.
- Substantial testing experience, ideally across both manual and automation
- Proven experience in a test management role, to include line management and coaching/mentoring
- Previous experience of setting up and establishing a new test team is advantageous
- Knowledge of core Operating Systems to include Windows, Mac OS X, Linux, Android, iOS, Windows Mobile
- Knowledge of test management products and tools e.g. JIRA, Bugzilla etc.
- Quality standards, legislation and best practices
- QA/test processes and QA methodologies
- API testing is desirable
- Good knowledge of agile methodologies and principles