Would you like to join us on our journey to become a world leading Sportsbook provider? Then Welcome to Derivco Sweden. We are developing a multi-tier micro services-platform for Sports Betting and our technology stack includes Erlang/Elixir, PostgreSQL, RabbitMQ, Docker and Ansible, just to name a few. As part of Derivco Sweden you would be working for one of the foremost providers of gaming technology in the world. Our product is enjoyed by tens of thousands of players globally as we live and act in the international market. Working alongside development houses and customers across the globe, we are a dynamic technology company driven by the investment in our people and a focus on agile development and cutting-edge technology. Through our investment in collaboration and innovation we ensure the excellence of our product. With our current expansion into various markets and a host of opportunities in exploring new ideas and technologies, this is an exciting time to become part of our team in Stockholm.
Are you passionate for development? Do you care about and show empathy towards your colleagues, customers and end users? Do you have a positive work ethic and character and accept responsibility for your work – good and bad? If so you most likely share our core values Passion, Ownership and Care which influences our daily behaviours at Derivco Sweden and we want to hear from you!
We look for you who takes ownership for your own learning; who enjoys learning and possesses a quality-mindset. You like to, and understand the value of, sharing your knowledge and you take pride in being part of a highly performant team. As our Senior Data Architect, you’ll be responsible for maintaining our databases and, together with our existing product teams, optimise the usage of them while being an advocate for best practices. You’ll work in close collaboration with our Lead Architect and the Data & Messaging team to design and execute a roadmap to assist teams with the transition from a relational environment to a multi-paradigm one involving different database technologies.
The role includes, but is not limited to
- Maintain existing PostgreSQL databases, including backups, upgrades and monitoring
- Assist developers with designing data models, optimizing SQL queries and debugging lock congestions and deadlocks
- Assist design and implementation of future database environments
- Communicate the current and future plans for our database infrastructure
- Collaborate with stakeholders across all the Derivco studios
A typical morning at Derivco starts with a breakfast followed by stand ups for each team. Our work environment is a place where teamwork, continuous learning, feedback and innovative ideas and solutions are encouraged and where all our teams are challenged to create and learn at every opportunity.
We offer our employees a favourable benefits package with:
- Health care insurance
- Pension insurance
- Generous health contribution
- Flexible work hours
- 30 days annual leave
- Family friendly policies
- Competence development and possibilities to grow yourself and your career
- Internal events and much more.
We are looking for extraordinary talent to join Derivco Sweden. Working at Derivco means working in a young, dynamic and rapidly changing environment with innovative people who love what they do. We foster a diverse culture that is inclusive of gender, transgender identity and expression, sexual orientation, age, disability, religion or other belief, and ethnicity. We truly believe a diverse workforce is key for achieving an innovative, world-leading product and healthy working environment and we thus embrace the diverse set of experiences, backgrounds and perspectives our employees bring with them.
- You have minimum 5 years of professional work experience with PostgreSQL database maintenance, administration and automation
- You have knowledge and experience of working with Agile software development
- You have experience optimizing SQL queries and data models for performance and concurrency
- You have experience working with NoSQL databases
- You have sound Linux system administration knowledge
- You have experience with cloud environments and virtualization technologies
- You have good understanding of distributed systems, high availability and scalability
- You have good English written and spoken communication skills
- You have strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- You have the ability work independently and within a team
- You have the ability to self-direct and prioritize your work
- You have experience with modern DevOps toolchains such as Ansible, Docker, Kubernetes, Terraform and Jenkins
- You have good communication skills
Nice to haves:
- You have knowledge about RabbitMQ
- You have experience in Erlang/Elixir
- You have experience using VMWare vSphere
- You have experience using code instrumentation tools such as Graphite and Splunk