Do you bring vision and ideas? Are you experienced across the Microsoft stack? Can you drive initiatives across complex software at a system-wide level? Yes, then this could be your next career move.
We’re seeking an experienced Microsoft Solution Architect to join our Architecture team and work closely with our Lead Architect and Data Architect. You will focus on both safeguarding and improving our architecture through identifying and driving initiatives to improve our software.
The foundation of our operation has sat on the bleeding edge of the Microsoft stack. Through Microgaming we supply world-class, industry-leading products to the sports betting industry. Innovation is key to this role, you will provide ideas to the business using existing or related technology, and identify technologies that could further enhance our software.
You will propose solutions and gain buy-in from key stakeholders. You will be involved in projects of significant complexity and ensure solid design & implementation. As Solution Architect you will also provide specialist advice for database-centric projects, especially pertaining to database system optimisation, and you will perform high level investigations, detailed analysis and detailed designs for solutions to meet challenging business needs across the systems architecture.
As part of Derivco International you will be working for one of the foremost providers of gaming technology in the world. Due to our current expansion into various markets and a host of available opportunities in exploring new ideas and technologies. This is an exciting time to join us at our office in Ipswich.
Derivco is passionate about developing and retaining the best talent in the sector. Therefore to reward this hard work, we offer our staff an impressive reward package including:
- 25 days’ annual leave (+1 day for each year of service)
- Free lunches daily
- Gym Membership
- Yearly Entertainment Budgets
- Regular internal events and fundraisers
- Free parking
- Private Healthcare Scheme
- Pension Match Scheme
- Cycle to Work Scheme
- Knowledge of stateful distributed systems architecture with actor-based technology such as Akka, Erlang and Orleans
- Solid understanding of how Microsoft .NET technologies are evolving to cater for the requirements of modern software platforms with developments such as .NET Core, Orleans, CLI, etc.
- Familiarity and previous experience with containers / OS virtualisation
- Good understanding of the implementations of multi-threading in .NET and concurrency in actor models
- Experience designing high transaction, horizontally scalable, reactive, message driven systems
- Experience with, or an understanding of, optimistic concurrency patterns
- Knowledge of consensus algorithms such as Raft and Paxos
- Ability to design and implement eventually consistent, fault tolerant systems
- Appreciation of the relationship between software architecture and continuous integration / automation
- Experience with Azure or an alternative major public cloud provider
- Passionate about software development
- Continually self-educated
- Well-informed of trends and developments in relevant technologies
- Strong experience in C#
- Proven expertise architecting systems of substantial complexity
- Proficient in OOP and various design techniques
- Understanding of various Software Methodologies