Derivco Sweden is seeking a highly motivated and enthusiastic Product Owner with Sportsbook experience, to work together with a development team to develop and maintain selected products, and support the full sportsbook application product we focus on. You will be familiar with Agile-based principles and will work with the development team to ensure that business, quality and functional goals are met for each release. You will build an excellent working relationship with key stakeholders to translate the requirements, to form the backlog and to prioritise the requirements in order to give business value and represent the end user’s needs.
Key Responsibilities & Accountabilities
The Sportsbook Product Owner position will involve the following areas of responsibility:
- Work with stakeholders and other product owners to understand their needs in order to develop the product vision and roadmap.
- Defining and clearly communicating a prioritised roadmap that implements and support the overarching products vision.
- Building and maintaining excellent stakeholder relationships across the company and external partners and operators.
- Actively seeking input from internal and external stakeholders and completing competitor analysis to keep abreast of industry and best practice.
- Assisting with product/system/process documentation to support users and business continuity.
- Providing regular updates to stakeholders on releases, strategy, successes, learning and progress on product vision.
- Taking overall owner (champion and advocate) of the product, keeping the business informed of the work delivered and benefits to the business.
- Understanding the strategic and competitive position of the product and delivering value adding increments.
- Leading and inspiring the development team to instill quality, encourage innovation and reduce defects.
If you have Sportsbook experience as well as experience of the Product Owner role we would love to hear from you!
The icing on the cake would be if you also have experience in conducting user research and working with teams to develop wire-frames and specifications for new product features, have experience in working with remotely located stakeholders and/or development teams, have project management skills, knowledge of behavioural driven development and continuous integration and experience in managing multiple feature development in one backlog.
- Experience working in the online sports betting/sportsbook gambling industry
- Knowledge and experience of working with Agile delivery methods and a good understanding of the Product Owner role.
- Knowledge of requirements capture and specification techniques, the ability to balance tactical and strategic needs and always focus on the customer.
- Creative thinking backed by strong analytical and problem solving skills
- Good attention to detail, an ability to assimilate, sort and aggregate complex information quickly
- Effective verbal and written communication skills, able to write clearly and interact well with all levels of audience
- An understanding of software development lifecycle an ability to work closely with technology teams in scheduling functional and non-functional requirements
- Strong teamwork, co-ordination, organisation, planning and influencing skills
- Self-driven, confident and ability to work at pace in a dynamic organisation.
- You are fluent in English.
- Excellent time management
- Proven effective communication at all levels of the business
- Works well under pressure and to tight deadlines
- Self-starter with a proven work ethic