Derivco Isle of Man is home to the leading technical specialists in the online gaming sector. We are looking for a Systems Services Operations Engineer of the highest calibre to join us in providing high quality support of and maintenance to our technical environments. As a Junior Systems Services Engineer your key responsibilities would be; Supporting the installation, optimisation, integration, troubleshooting, recovery, modification, and upgrading of IT systems and components; Distributing new or upgraded software, deploying and maintaining environments and patch management of Environment including configuration and support; Working with senior engineers on server-based projects making sure they are appropriately engineered and secured using best practices for the specific solution or application and performing technical problem resolution and support; and staying abreast of current technologies and making recommendations based on knowledge and research.
The Systems Services team form part of our Infrastructure department, working alongside our product teams to manage the external infrastructure on which all our systems run. This team focuses on both a software and hardware administration perspective and works with their respective teams
- 1 – 2 years+ experience in Microsoft Server and Applications in addition to Windows Environments.
- Base server certification server + and knowledge of Server applications such as SQL, IIS, SCCM, SMTP, FTP and others are necessary.
- A good understanding of virtualization (Hyper-V & VMware) is required.
- Cloud Integration or exposure is advantageous
- Good basic knowledge of common web/system security practices & certificates.
- Successful applicants should hold a relevant Microsoft Certifications and a solid foundation of the Microsoft Server platforms (2008 & 2012).
- A good understanding of Active Directory and how it relates to the servers/systems is required in addition to an advanced understanding of DNS and TCP/IP.
- Understanding scripting practices and understanding of utilising scripts specifically PowerShell is also ideally required.