Are you an experienced Software Developer looking to move into a leadership position whilst remaining technical? We have an opportunity that you shouldn’t ignore!
About the position and the Data & Messaging team
The mission of the Data & Messaging team is to streamline the collection and storage of a large volumes of Sportsbook data from multiple sources, while designing and implementing interfaces that allow a heterogeneous set of consumers to consume this data in batches, as well as in real time. The team consumes data generated by the different Sportsbook teams to build a knowledge base that can be used to better understand how the system works. The consumers of this information include, but are not limited to: traders, customer support and management.
Being a part of this team, you thrive working in a data-driven environment and you are used to hear that “the customer is always right”. The truth is, however, that the customer never knows what he or she wants. There comes your role, finding and puzzling together the pieces of information that turns you into the Sherlock Holmes that can answer pretty much any question about our product. To be able to do this well, you have the logic to understand how to combine data, as well as to transform it so that it’s ready to be consumed.
As the Technical Team Lead, a.k.a. “Tech Coach”, you will among other things get your hands dirty with;
- Working with technical deliverables to ensure that high-quality is built into all our products from the ground up.
- Coaching and motivating your team while empowering them to take ownership of the end result will also be an important part of your daily work.
- Being the go-to person for all matters involving the team, representing the team in front of different audiences comes natural to you and you feel comfortable doing this.
- Ensuring, together with the Product Owner and the Lead Architect, that the decisions taken by your team are always well motivated and aligned with the vision the company has for the product.
Who are we?
We are developing a multi-tier micro services-platform for sports betting and our technology stack includes Erlang/Elixir, PostgreSQL, RabbitMQ, Docker and Ansible, just to name a few. As part of Derivco Sweden you would be working for one of the foremost providers of gaming technology in the world. Our product is enjoyed by tens of thousands of players globally as we live and act in the international market. Working alongside development houses and customers across the globe, we are a dynamic technology company driven by the investment in our people and a focus on agile development and cutting-edge technology.
Through our investment in collaboration and innovation we ensure the excellence of our product. With our current expansion into various markets and a host of opportunities in exploring new ideas and technologies, this is an exciting time to become part of our team in Stockholm. Working here means working in a young, dynamic and changing environment with innovative people who love what they do. We have a diverse and inclusive culture and we thus embrace the diverse set of experiences, backgrounds and perspectives our employees bring with them. We truly believe a diverse workforce is key for achieving an innovative, world-leading product that stands in the forefront of the sports betting industry.
Welcome with your application!
- Experience in leading / coaching teams
- Experience operating production environments (1st/ 2ndline support)
- Experience building highly available distributed systems
- 5+ years of relevant experience
- Linux (as in command-line interface, networking, init system, logging, etc.)
- Performance monitoring
- Splunk (or Elastic)
- Graphite (or InfuxDB, Prometheus, etc.)
- AWS (or Azure, Google Cloud)